Thursday, December 01, 2011

BACK ON MY FEET AGAIN!!!....SORTA!

I finally got the word that I'm all healed up. OK, I might not be able to walk as I did before (some physical therapy might help), but,all in all, I'm OK.

Now, just need to get some diabetic shoes (they're not as bad as they used to be (ugly ass 'Earth' shoes!). , and I'll be hitting the streets looking for a small apt.

Living here with my oldest brother isn't bad, but I've lived by myself at my last apt for 30 yrs. Just used to living on my own.

And to think, I had one doctor tell me my feet were close to be amputated!!


BTW, I've gotten some responsives regarding my last blog. First, let me assure everyone that my frustration was mainly from not having any say in the matter, due to me being hospitalized and in a wheelchair. Making decisions by phone is not the same as being 'hands on'.I hadn't expected for all my work to sold in one day, but even though, as they say, "well, it's done now", it just 'stings' a little.

Second, I'm very appreciative of my family stepping to help me. It's just I'm very indfependent, and to have the rug kinda pulled out from me, and having peopole come into my place, move me out, without being there and having little time to make the best decisions, and having one brother tell me, " Yeah, and we thru out a lot of stuff, A WHOLE LOT OF STUFF!!".

It's been 3 months since my accident, a month in the hospital, a month in rehab, and a month living here, and I having seen anything from my apt. It's scattered around different family's homes and in one brother's storage unit. Having most of my days having been driven back and forth to the Hyperbaric Center, meeting with several nurses for home care, and going to doctor's appts, while being in a wheelchair, haven't much time to do anything of my own.

So, finally, things will start to change. Feels good to know you have some independence back. My goal is to have a place before Winter, if possible.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

I dont know what happened to you with the accident but am glad to read that you are doing better both emotionally and physically. It has to be extremely hard to be uprooted and dependent on others for everything.I pray that you will continue to heal and get your life back as soon as possible. good luck! :}
~Tammy

Unknown said...

I dont know what happened to you with the accident but am glad to read that you are doing better both emotionally and physically. It has to be extremely hard to be uprooted and dependent on others for everything.I pray that you will continue to heal and get your life back as soon as possible. good luck! :}
~Tammy