Friday, April 17, 2009

A Student's Work




Got a nice surprise today.

One of my former senior citizen students (Rose) from a Senior apartment building I taught at sent a couple of photos of a afghan & bedspread she just had finished.

One was from a pattern I gave her, the other was just something she made up. I call her my 'Afghan Lady'. That seems to be the thing she enjoys making the most. Don't really need a pattern, I can just make up a diagram, suggest some colors, and off she goes!!

I'm no longer teach there, but stop by from time to time (it was my first official class 10 yrs ago), so some of the members are like family (the ones you really want to be around!!) ;-)

I's so rare that I get photos from my students, so I really wanted to share.

3 comments:

Bunnita said...

Very pretty. I like the second picture the most. I just may have to try it.

GemLady521 said...

Okay, the afghans are nice, but I absolutely LOVE her sweater!! Is that one of yours? I think I'd love to get my hands on that pattern. ;-)

'THAT CROCHET GUY!!' said...

Thanks, but no, the sweater pattern was just another thing I made up for her. She wanted make another sweater, so I suggested to do one with a simple cable design, and to make it in separate pieces. I just went over with her on each piece.

It didn't come out exactly as I planned, but turned out OK!! ;-)